On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torva...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> I wonder if we should make KASAN depend on !COMPILE_TEST, because it
> does seem to disable a lot of build-time testing.

Actually, we should probably just make the MEMORY_HOTPLUG dependency be

        depends on COMPILE_TEST || !KASAN

since the memory-hotplug code should still *build* with KASAN, it just
doesn't work. That's exactly what the COMPILE_TEST config option is
there for - to get build coverage even for things that aren't
necessarily sane to run.

I'll do that, to get my build coverage up. I really expected my
allmodconfig builds to verify that I had removed the per-zone
waitqueue code completely, and I'm happy that the breakage was
apparently limited to that unused variable..

In the meantime, thanks for noticing and letting me know.

            Linus