* Evgeniy Polyakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I posted kevent/epoll benchmarks and related design issues too many
> times both with handmade applications (which might be broken as hell)
> and popular open-source servers to repeat them again.

numbers are crutial here - and given the epoll bugs in the evserver code
that we found, do you have updated evserver benchmark results that
compare epoll to kevent? I'm wondering why epoll has half the speed of
kevent in those measurements - i suspect some possible benchmarking bug.
The queueing model of epoll and kevent is roughly comparable, both do
only a constant number of steps to serve one particular request,
regardless of how many pending connections/requests there are. What is
the CPU utilization of the server system during an epoll test, and what
is the CPU utilization during a kevent test? 100% utilized in both
cases?

        Ingo