Followup to:  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
By author:    David Feuer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> . and foo/. are also links, not directories... the directories themselves
> are filesystem internal objects, and not discussed by the standard.  I
> didn't know that linux supported hard links to directories... Isn't that
> just asking for trouble?

It is on filesystems which has ".." physically on disk.  Linux no
longer requires this, although for example ext2 does have this.

I don't believe it's inherently impossible in Linux anymore.  In fact,
vfsbinds provide a lot of the same kind of functionality; the main
difference between vfsbinds and hard links are that the former (a) can
cross filesystem boundaries and (b) aren't persistent.

        -hpa
--
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> at work, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> in private!
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt