David Miller <da...@davemloft.net> wrote:

> I guess this is fine, but I think you can use one of the two "sk_padding"
> bits in struct sock instead of making the structure larger.

It shouldn't make the structure larger since there's a hole in the structure:

                unsigned int            sk_padding : 2,
                                        sk_no_check_tx : 1,
                                        sk_no_check_rx : 1,
                                        sk_userlocks : 4,
                                        sk_protocol  : 8,
                                        sk_type      : 16;
        #define SK_PROTOCOL_MAX U8_MAX
                kmemcheck_bitfield_end(flags);

                u16                     sk_gso_max_segs;
  ---> 2-byte hole here
                unsigned long           sk_lingertime;

but I'll quite happily shift it to sk_padding.

Thanks,
David