On Apr 1 2007 14:39, Kyle Moffett wrote:

>> Make HZ fully configurable through menuconfig.
>>
>> Already posted at http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/6/18/111
>
> Instead of that, what about something like this instead:  NOTE: I know my
> mailer mangles diffs and this one was hand-edited based on Jan's diff from
> within my mailer so it probably doesn't apply, but it's enough to point out
> the
> idea:

> config HZ
> -     int
> +     int if !HZ_CUSTOM
> +     int "Customized HZ value" if HZ_CUSTOM
> default 100 if HZ_100
> default 250 if HZ_250
> default 1000 if HZ_1000

People always come up with new complexities I never thought kconfig
would be able to do. Nice stuff. I'll take up on your idea and
incorporate it right away.

But I would have to ask: Why do we need 100/250/300/1000 if there is
anyway an input field for the user to enter - s/he should read the
help text for Known Good values, should not s/he?

Jan