Eric W. Biederman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not lining up with the code following the if statement is also
> a plus.  Because it clearly delineates the conditions from the code.

But the condition doesn't line up with the code:

        if (veryverylengthycondition1 &&
            smallcond2 &&
            (conditionnumber3a ||
             condition3b)) {
                this_is_some_code();
                this_is_some_more_code();
        }

Personally, for complicated conditions like this, I prefer:

        if (veryverylengthycondition1 &&
            smallcond2 &&
            (conditionnumber3a ||
             condition3b)
            ) {
                this_is_some_code();
                this_is_some_more_code();
        }

But that seems to offend Andrew for some reason (or was it Christoph? or
both?).

David