> We don't want to lump these all together without knowing which region you're
> allocating from, right?

In all seriousness I do agree with you on these Keith in the long term. We
would consider adding property flags for the memory as it is added to the p2p
core and then the allocator could evolve to intelligently dish it out.
Attributes like endurance, latency and special write commit requirements could
all become attributes in time. Perhaps one more reason for a central entity for
p2p memory allocation so this code does not end up having to go into many
different drivers?

Stephen