Now, the question is, can we trust a hard drive manufacturer support tech to know what
they're talking about, with evidence to the contrary? :)

Somewhat like the 6 days i spent with a Cisco 802 and an 804, trying to get a link up.
 Set it to National ISDN-1, dial 9 before dialing outbound number.  Connection comes
up, but receive light is on, almost solid.  I figure I got the wrong switch type, so i
give AT&T a call.  Bell tech comes out, finds out the line wasn't physically punched
down into the block properly.

AT&T tells me it's a Northern DMS-100, and don't dial 9.  I set it up, can't get the
connection to come up.  Invalid bear-caps.  I put the 9 back in, AT&T gives me a call,
tells me to stop dialing 9.

Bell gets a call.  Turns out, it IS a National ISDN-1, and you're supposed to dial 9.
Seems that if you don't dial 9, it goes through AT&T's VOICE system.  For an ISDN
call.  As you can tell, this doens't work.  :P  So after 6 days of learning more about
cisco than I really wanted to, I get the link up.

Moral of the story?

Never trust a manufacturer. :)  That, and don't listen to your boss, when he keeps
saying my Cisco Config must be bad, or the router is DOA.  Trust your instincts.