On Thu, 8 Nov 2018, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 08:58:32PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> >     Fixes: 1234567890AB ("subsys/comp: Short summary")
> >     Backport-to: 4.14
>
> Ick, no.  Just stick to the "Fixes:" tag.  My scripts can now track when
> a patch is backported to a stable tree so that I know to apply it to
> older ones despite the original patch showing up in a newer release.

Fine with me.

I just did a few stats.

commits between 4.19-rc1 and 4.19-final:

Total commits:                          2098

Total Cc: stable                         334
Cc: stable                               119    35%
Cc: stable       #kver                    10     3%
Cc: stable             Revert              0     0%
Cc: stable Fixes                         123    37%
Cc: stable Fixes #kver                    81    24%

Total      Fixes only                    584
           Fixes only >  4.18            227    39%
           Fixes only <= 4.18            357    61%

and between 4.19 and todays top of tree:

Total commits:                         12947

Total Cc: stable                         251