Alan Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> I just wanted something stupid and simple, so the -mm tree would not
>> be full of broken sysctls.
>
> Well I'd like you to not replace one pile of hard to clean up but easy to
> locate crap by smearing other hard to fix in one go crap over the kernel.

I'm not certain I see the difference. I just replaced the comparison
of one label with another.  There may have been more beauty in one or
the other but it really should not have made a difference maintenance
wise.  Perhaps I'm just short some cdrom context here to understand
your problem.

Regardless.  Looking at the code I think we can do something straightforward
and even more stupid without needing any comparisons.

Alan does this look a little better?

static int cdrom_sysctl_handler(struct ctl_table *ctl, int write, struct file *
filp,
                                void __user *buffer, size_t *lenp, loff_t *ppos)
{
        int *valp = ctl->data;
        int val = *valp;
        int ret;

        ret = proc_dointvec(ctl, write, filp, buffer, lenp, ppos);

        if (write) {

                /* we only care for 1 or 0. */
                autoclose        = !!cdrom_sysctl_settings.autoclose;
                autoeject        = !!cdrom_sysctl_settings.autoeject;
                debug            = !!cdrom_sysctl_settings.debug;
                lockdoor         = !!cdrom_sysctl_settings.lock;
                check_media_type = !!cdrom_sysctl_settings.check;

                /* update the option flags according to the changes. we
                   don't have per device options through sysctl yet,
                   but we will have and then this will disappear. */
                cdrom_update_settings();
        }

        return ret;
}