On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, Loys Ollivier wrote:

> Always build it ?
> Any particular reason to drop ARCH_SIFIVE ?

Palmer had some reservations about it, so I dropped it for now.  But then
as I was thinking about it, I remembered that I also had some reservations
about it, years ago: that everyone should use CONFIG_SOC_* for this,
rather than CONFIG_ARCH.  CONFIG_ARCH_* seems better reserved for
CPU architectures.

If you agree, would you like to send a followup series, based on the DT
patches, to make the SiFive DT file builds depend on CONFIG_SOC_* instead?

Thanks for the comment,

- Paul