My understanding is that Tegra186 does not have DMA coherency, but Tegra194 does.

Mikko

On 23.7.2019 16.34, Jon Hunter wrote:

On 23/07/2019 13:51, Jose Abreu wrote:
From: Jon Hunter <jonath...@nvidia.com>
Date: Jul/23/2019, 12:58:55 (UTC+00:00)

On 23/07/2019 11:49, Jose Abreu wrote:
From: Jon Hunter <jonath...@nvidia.com>
Date: Jul/23/2019, 11:38:33 (UTC+00:00)

On 23/07/2019 11:07, Jose Abreu wrote:
From: Jon Hunter <jonath...@nvidia.com>
Date: Jul/23/2019, 11:01:24 (UTC+00:00)

This appears to be a winner and by disabling the SMMU for the ethernet
controller and reverting commit 954a03be033c7cef80ddc232e7cbdb17df735663
this worked! So yes appears to be related to the SMMU being enabled. We
had to enable the SMMU for ethernet recently due to commit
954a03be033c7cef80ddc232e7cbdb17df735663.

Finally :)

However, from "git show 954a03be033c7cef80ddc232e7cbdb17df735663":

+         There are few reasons to allow unmatched stream bypass, and
+         even fewer good ones.  If saying YES here breaks your board
+         you should work on fixing your board.

So, how can we fix this ? Is your ethernet DT node marked as
"dma-coherent;" ?

TBH I have no idea. I can't say I fully understand your change or how it
is breaking things for us.

Currently, the Tegra DT binding does not have 'dma-coherent' set. I see
this is optional, but I am not sure how you determine whether or not
this should be set.

 From my understanding it means that your device / IP DMA accesses are coherent
regarding the CPU point of view. I think it will be the case if GMAC is not
behind any kind of IOMMU in the HW arch.

I understand what coherency is, I just don't know how you tell if this
implementation of the ethernet controller is coherent or not.

Do you have any detailed diagram of your HW ? Such as blocks / IPs
connection, address space wiring , ...

Yes, this can be found in the Tegra X2 Technical Reference Manual [0].
Unfortunately, you need to create an account to download it.

Jon

[0] https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/parker-series-trm