Hi Jianxin,

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 2:03 PM Jianxin Pan <jianxin....@amlogic.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On 2019/9/7 23:02, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> > Hi Jianxin,
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 7:58 AM Jianxin Pan <jianxin....@amlogic.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Unlike previous series,there is no Cortex-M3 AO CPU in A1, and there is no
> >> AO/EE power domain.
> >> Most of the registers are on the apb_32b bus.  aobus, cbus and periphs are
> >> not used in A1.
> > OK, thank you for the explanation
> > since you're going to re-send the patch anyways: can you please
> > include the apb_32b bus?
> > all other upstream Amlogic .dts are using the bus definitions, so that
> > will make A1 consistent with the other SoCs
> In A1 (and the later C1), BUS is not mentioned in the memmap and register
> spec.
> Registers are organized and grouped by functions, and we can not find
> information about buses from the SoC document.
do you know why the busses are not part of the documentation?

> Maybe it's better to remove bus definitions for these chips.
my understanding is that devicetree describes the hardware
so if there's a bus in hardware (that we know about) then we should
describe it in devicetree

personally I think busses also make the .dts easier to read:
instead of a huge .dts with all nodes on one level it's split into
multiple smaller sub-nodes - thus making it easier to keep track of
"where am I in this file".

Martin