On 06/24/2020 11:23 AM, David Miller wrote:
From: Kaige Li <lika...@loongson.cn>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 09:56:47 +0800

From: David Miller <da...@davemloft.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 14:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

Calling a NIC driver open function from a context holding a spinlock
is very much the real problem, so many operations have to sleep and
in face that ->ndo_open() method is defined as being allowed to sleep
and that's why the core networking never invokes it with spinlocks
                                                        ^^^^

I mean "without" of course. :-)

held.
Did you mean that open function should be out of spinlock? If so, I
will
send V2 patch.
Yes, but only if that is safe.

You have to analyze the locking done by this driver and fix it properly.
I anticipate it is not just a matter of changing where the spinlock
is held, you will have to rearchitect things a bit.

Okay, I will careful analyze this question, and make a suitable patch in V2.

Thank you.