Previously the connector functionality could only be used by processes running
in the
default network namespace. This meant that any process that uses the connector
functionality
could not operate correctly when run inside a container. This is a draft patch
series that
attempts to now allow this functionality outside of the default network
namespace.

I see this has been discussed previously [1], but am not sure how my changes
relate to all
of the topics discussed there and/or if there are any unintended side effects
from my draft
changes.

Thanks.

[1] https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=150806196728365&w=2

Matt Bennett (5):
  connector: Use task pid helpers
  connector: Use 'current_user_ns' function
  connector: Ensure callback entry is released
  connector: Prepare for supporting multiple namespaces
  connector: Create connector per namespace

 Documentation/driver-api/connector.rst |   6 +-
 drivers/connector/cn_proc.c            | 110 +++++++-------
 drivers/connector/cn_queue.c           |   9 +-
 drivers/connector/connector.c          | 192 ++++++++++++++++++++-----
 drivers/hv/hv_fcopy.c                  |   1 +
 drivers/hv/hv_utils_transport.c        |   6 +-
 drivers/md/dm-log-userspace-transfer.c |   6 +-
 drivers/video/fbdev/uvesafb.c          |   8 +-
 drivers/w1/w1_netlink.c                |  19 +--
 include/linux/connector.h              |  38 +++--
 include/net/net_namespace.h            |   4 +
 kernel/exit.c                          |   2 +-
 samples/connector/cn_test.c            |   6 +-

2.27.0