I've been running 2.4.0-ac9 for a day and a half now.

I have pretty low-end hardware (Pentium 1/ 100MHz, 16Mb RAM,
17Mb swap)  and it really seems to bog down with anything
heavy in memory.    Netscape seems to really drag, and any
Java applets I encounter positively crawl -- you can see
the individual widgets being drawn.

My previous kernel was 240-ac4, and it was fine.

Oh, one other thing...cat /proc/filesystems shows:

nodev   sockfs
nodev   swapfs
nodev   shm
nodev   pipefs
nodev   proc
        ext2
nodev   devpts

I thought swapfs _replaces_  shm?   I mention this because
my startup scripts mount'ed shm the way it always does.
I figured it'd fail because shm wouldnt be there.  I've
since disabled that.

So,  mount swapfs to /dev/shm, and leave the shm filesystem
unmounted?   Go back to the way it was before (mounting to
/var/shm) ??

W/ swapfs (only) mounted,  MITSHM apps like MpegTV, Virtual
Gameboy, Xanim, etc.  seem to work okay.

--
Mark Orr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]