* Arjan van de Ven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +#define WARN_ON(condition) do_warn_on((unsigned long)(condition), __FILE__, \
> +                                      __LINE__, __FUNCTION__)

hm. This passes in 4 arguments to do_warn_on().

i think we could get away with no arguments (!), by using section
tricks. Firstly, we can get rid of __FUNCTION__ and replace it with a
ksyms lookup - that is fine enough. Secondly, we could put __FILE__ and
__LINE__ into a text section and key it up to the return address from
do_warn_on().

the condition code should not be passed in at all i think - it creates
extra function calls to do_warn_on() all the time.

        Ingo