On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 02:33:17PM -0500, Jeff Layton wrote:
> -     struct svc_serv *       serv;
> -     int                     error = 0;
> +     struct svc_serv *serv;
> +     struct svc_rqst *rqstp;
> +     int             error = 0;
>
>       mutex_lock(&nlmsvc_mutex);
>       /*
>        * Check whether we're already up and running.
>        */
> -     if (nlmsvc_pid) {
> +     if (nlmsvc_task) {
>               if (proto)
>                       error = make_socks(nlmsvc_serv, proto);

While equivalent I think it would be clener to check for nlmsvc_serv
above as that'swhat we're passing to make_socks.  But I think the whole
of lockd_up could use a little makeover, but that's for later.

>  void
>  lockd_down(void)
>  {
>       mutex_lock(&nlmsvc_mutex);
>       if (nlmsvc_users) {
>               if (--nlmsvc_users)
>                       goto out;
> +     } else {
> +             printk(KERN_ERR "lockd_down: no users! task=%p\n",
> +                     nlmsvc_task);
> +             BUG();
>       }
> +     if (!nlmsvc_task) {
> +             printk(KERN_ERR "lockd_down: no lockd running.\n");
> +             BUG();
>       }
> +     kthread_stop(nlmsvc_task);

I think all this user/foo checking here should be BUG_ONs as it's quite
fatal errors.

e.g.

void
lockd_down(void)
{
        mutex_lock(&nlmsvc_mutex);

        BUG_ON(!nlmsvc_task);
        BUG_ON(!nlmsvc_users);

        if (!--nlmsvc_users)
                kthread_stop(nlmsvc_task);
        mutex_unlock(&nlmsvc_mutex);
}

same applies for similar checks in lockd_up aswell.