On Wed, 17 Mar 2021 10:12:02 +0100
David Hildenbrand <da...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I wonder if a simple
>
> if (PageHWPoison(compound_head(page)))
>       ret = 0;
>
> won't suffice. But I guess the "issue" is compound pages that are not
> huge pages or transparent huge pages.

Yes, the simple case won't suffice, as we mark the hugetlb page poison in head,
and
other cases in the specific single page struct.

> If not, we certainly want a wrapper for that magic, otherwise we have to
> replicate the same logic all over the place.
>
> > +
> >     return (ret == 1) ? page : NULL;
> >   }
> >   #endif /* CONFIG_ELF_CORE */

Yes, May other places meet the requirements as the coredump meets, it's better
to make a
wrapper for this. But i am not familiar with the specific scenario, so this
patch only cover
the coredump case.

I will post a v2 patch for this.

--