On 4/29/24 17:02, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 01:24:03PM +1000, Gavin Shan wrote:
This is suggested by Michael S. Tsirkin according to [1] and the goal
is to apply smp_rmb() inside vhost_get_avail_idx() if needed. With it,
the caller of the function needn't to worry about memory barriers. Since
we're here, other cleanups are also applied.

Gavin I suggested another approach.
1. Start with the patch I sent (vhost: order avail ring reads after
    index updates) just do a diff against latest.
    simplify error handling a bit.
2. Do any other cleanups on top.

My apologies, Michael. I didn't see your patch until now [1]

  [1]
https://lore.kernel.org/virtualization/20240327155750-mutt-send-email-...@kernel.org/

v2 was sent with your changes integrated and other cleanup are applied on
top of it. Please take a look when you getting a chance.

  v2:
https://lore.kernel.org/virtualization/20240429101400.617007-1-gs...@redhat.com/T/#t

Thanks,
Gavin