On Thu, Oct 8, 2026 at 9:41 AM Ard Biesheuvel <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2026, at 18:17, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 08, 2026 at 04:50:44PM +0200, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> >> On Wed, 7 Oct 2026, at 11:36, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> >> > On Wed, Oct 07, 2026 at 02:32:45AM -0700, Bill Wendling wrote:
> >> >> Ard,
> >> >>
> >> >> What's the reason why x86 doesn't need the KBUILD_CFLAGS flags? Is
> >> >> there something that breaks things?
> >> >
> >> > I think it is mostly historical. See Kees's series to address it:
> >> >
> >> >   https://lore.kernel.org/[email protected]/
> >> >
> >>
> >> I've queued that up now in the EFI tree.
> >>
> >> Do we still need this patch then?
> >
> > I don't think so, since the efistub should now get
> > '-fexperimental-late-parse-attributes' from the main KBUILD_CFLAGS,
> > which is what prompted this patch in the first place:
> >
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/CAGG=3QWCmQ+LVvn2dtjEauj5WFwvx=pvg4q6man_a2imdjr...@mail.gmail.com/
> >
> > As I mentioned up thread and to Kees in person, we should still consider
> > adding '-fexperimental-late-parse-attributes' into CC_FLAGS_DIALECT to
> > cover other areas that may see __counted_by_ptr use but it is probably
> > not as high priority.
> >
>
> Excellent.

What Nathan said about needing this patch. Once Kees's stuff is
integrated, all should be well and never break again. (very J/K) :-D

-bw

Reply via email to