My previous note was probably in error.  W. Michael Petullo probably is
really using a PCI internal Venus DSP1673 modem.  I read too quickly and
assumed that we were talking about the "Linmodem" topic.

I will pass the note around here, and will summarize any replies I get.
Clearly we should try it under Linux 2.4.

Since Venus modems include the controller function along with RAM and
flash, they're generally more expensive than Mars host-contoller modems.
Here are some models:
- Zoom 2920
- MultiTech MultiModem ZPX MT5634ZPX-PCI
- Actiontec Call Waiting PCI56012-01CW
--
Ed Schulz
Agere Systems