I saw earlier posts about this, but never heard any resolution...

Upgrading to a 2.4.2 kernel, my Riva128 based video card behaves strangely
in X; certain colors are dark.  The thing that confuses me is that not All
colors are dark; just some of them.  Redrawing parts of the screen changes
luminosity in those areas.  e.g. in windowmaker, some menus are dark, some
are normal.  A background set by xv is normal, but wmsetbg is dark, etc.

Is this a known problem?  Are there work-arounds?

Matt Backes
[EMAIL PROTECTED]