In the past I've worked on tricks to make the function tracer a bit
faster. I've lowered the overhead by 18% which is quite an improvement.
Thus, instead of only taking 11x longer in the kernel, it takes 9x ;-)

Anyway, these are the latest patches to improve function tracing and
are pretty much good to go mainline. I just wanted to do one last
RFC post before pushing them forward.

-- Steve

These patches can be found at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/linux-trace.git
rfc/function-preempt-only-v2

Head SHA1: bf9d25e084984439cb32c1fc7cb0f1936c95c51a

Steven Rostedt (8):
      ftrace: Fix global function tracers that are not recursion safe
      ftrace: Fix function tracing recursion self test
      ftrace: Optimize the function tracer list loop
      ftrace: Add context level recursion bit checking
      tracing: Make the trace recursion bits into enums
      tracing: Avoid unnecessary multiple recursion checks
      ftrace: Use only the preempt version of function tracing
      ring-buffer: User context bit recursion checking

----
 kernel/trace/ftrace.c          |   82 ++++++++++++++++---------
 kernel/trace/ring_buffer.c     |   85 +++++++++++++++++--------
 kernel/trace/trace_functions.c |   61 +++++-------------
 kernel/trace/trace_selftest.c  |    3 +-