On 12/19/2012 02:47 PM, Yinghai Lu wrote:

> on demand to only map 2M will help ?
> or have to return to v6 version for-x86-boot ?

Why would 2M be inherently better than 1G?  I realize it works for the
*one particular system* that you have a specimen for, but that is not a
sensible approach for architecture.

The problem remains no matter how you slice it; we need a general
solution.  The fact that this system was ever built reflects a number of
critical failures that should be surprising but sadly are not.

        -hpa