I don't mean to walk on folks but I did make a patch that brings the ac27
version from aic7xxx-6.1.5 to aic7xxx-6.1.8.  I've compiled it and inserted it
and removed it without any of the hanging problems I encountered before.  But
the tests stopped there, no guarantees from me, I wish I could ;-)  Please
ignore this if you get something better.  I included Mr. Gibbs changelog (for
the changes from 6.1.5 to 6.1.8 his log is QUITE detailed.)

Thanks to everyone!

--
Jeffrey Hundstad

Alan Cox wrote:

> > What version of the aic7xxx driver is embedded in 2.4.2-ac27?  This
> > particular issue was fixed just after 6.1.5 was released.
>
> The last patch you sent to me + small other fixups for aicdb.h. I dont have
> time to chase after peoples drivers. If you want a newer aic7xxx in -ac just
> mail me a diff to update to it

CHANGELOG-6.1.5-6.1.8.gz

linux-2.4.2-ac27-aic7xxx-6.1.5-6.1.8.patch.gz