Hi All,

We found recently that the acenic driver for the 3com gigabit ethernet card does
not enable 64 bit DMAs.  (this is done by setting the appropriate mask in
pci_dev->dma_mask).

Jes suggested that the appropriate way to fix this would be to create a function
like pci_enable_dma64 and then have the driver call that, rather than directly
setting this value (a small handful of drivers do this now).

I think the function idea would let us do some sanity checking to make sure
drivers weren't setting this to 64bit on non-64 bit busses and stuff.

Anyhow, so long as no one has any heartburn with this, we'll try to put
something together and submit it.  I'm not subscribed to the list *yet* (need to
get procmail setup), so please leave me in the CC line.

Thanks!
Steve

--
Steve Modica