Jeff Garzik [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Tom Rini wrote:
> > Which does boil down to having to work with trees other than Linus or
> > Alans.  Remember, the official tree is not always the up-to-date tree,
> > or in the case of other arches, the most relevant tree.
>
> Yep.  You could even look at Linus as simply the x86 port maintainer :)
>
> Except for alpha and x86, AFAIK, most people wind up going through
> arch-specific channels to get their kernels...

This may be a dumb question, but is there some place where the arch
maintainers are listed?  Where the arch-specific trees are kept?  Where
would I go to get the latest set of relevant patches for alpha?

Grepping the Documentation/ directory for "alpha" I see nothing
relevant.  IMHO this should all be listend in one place.  Maybe
Documentation/Arch-Maintainers.txt.

Cheers,
-- Bob

Bob McElrath ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics

PGP signature