I was playing around with a program that I was using to time differences
between kernels (a silly prime program that puts out 1000000 primes).  I
noticed a very strange behaviour.  On a fresh boot, with the Penguin
pictures that the Matrox FB driver puts up, the prime program runs
1 minute, 30 seconds.  If I reset, it still runs 1M30S.  If I start X,
and exit, it runs 48 seconds.  Is this a known behaviour?  Thanks.

Andy Carlson                           |\      _,,,---,,_
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                  '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org