Folks, don't speculate.  You are late anyway.

  We just had ECN off for two hours, and all sites which didn't
  commit harakiri at their firewalls ("bad TCP frame from that address,
  I will place that source into dead list") now either got their message,
  or are having some long-term troubles which might anyway get them
  kicked out after a few days time.
  (Long-term troubles meaning things where my solaris 2.6 machine can't
   reach those sites/servers.  D'uh...)

/Matti Aarnio