Vincent Stemen wrote:
 > The problem is, that's not true.  These problems are not slipping
 > through because of lack of testers.
        Just to add some sanity to this thread, I have been using the 2.4.x
kernels ever since they came out, on my personal workstation and on some
workstations that I administrate for fellow students in my department
here at UCLA.  They have basically worked fine for me.  They are not
perfect, but many of the 2.4.x releases have been a big improvement over
the 2.2.x releases.  For one, 2.4.x actually can tell which pages are
not used, and swap out unused daemons, which helps a lot on a 64Mb box :)

-BenR
--
Einstein did not prove that everything is relative.
Einstein explained how the speed of light could be constant.