On Sun, 2013-07-28 at 03:34 +0800, Lilis Iskandar wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean by mentioning "git diff -w".
> Perhaps you can clarify it for me? Sorry :(

$ git diff --help | grep -w -A2 "\-w"
      -w, --ignore-all-space
           Ignore whitespace when comparing lines. This ignores differences
even if one line has whitespace where the other line has none.

It makes sure you are doing only whitespace changes.
Any other changes show up as an actual diff.

You can also compile the changes and make sure
the .o files before and after don't change.

(Something like: assuming a clean tree)

$ cat compare_patch_obj_diffs.sh
#!/bin/bash

if [[ ! -e $1 || ! -f $1 ]]
then
    echo "$1 not found"
    exit $?
fi

grep -P "^\+\+\+" $1 |
while read file
do
    real_file=$(echo $file | cut -f2- -d'/')
    if [[ ${real_file:(-2)} == ".c" ]]
    then
        obj=${real_file%.c}.o
        make $obj