On 09/01/2013 09:24 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
This looks good, just one minor question about the
non-driver-core-related code:

+struct device *
+hwmon_device_register_with_groups(struct device *dev, const char *name,
+                                 void *drvdata,
+                                 const struct attribute_group **groups)
  {
-       struct device *hwdev;
-       int id;
+       struct hwmon_device *hwdev;
+       int err, id;

        id = ida_simple_get(&hwmon_ida, 0, 0, GFP_KERNEL);
        if (id < 0)
                return ERR_PTR(id);

Don't you need a lock around the ida_simple_get call to ensure hwmon_ida
is not being used at the same time twice?  Or does the ida framework
handle that ok?

ida_simple_get handles the locking as far as I can see. Other callers don't use
local locks either, so I guess it must be working.

Guenter