ronto:~# uname -r
2.4.5-ac15
ronto:~# ipchains --version
ipchains 1.3.10, 1-Sep-2000
ronto:~# ipchains -L
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
target     prot opt     source                destination           ports
DENY       all  ----l-  pD951B780.dip.t-dialin.net anywhere
n/a
DENY       all  ----l-  CM-46-30.chello.cl   anywhere              n/a
DENY       all  ----l-  199.103.178.1        anywhere              n/a

Are you shure you get it right into the kernel?.

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Ted Gervais wrote:

> I just ran into something odd. To me anyways, it was odd.
> I just installed and brought up kernel 2.4.5 and my ipchains failed.
> So I upgraded to the latest (that I could find) ipchains-1.3.10, and
> that also fails.
>
> Has anyone got any version of ipchains to work with the new(er) kernels?
>
> ---
> Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
>                 -- Voltaire
>
> Ted Gervais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> 44.135.34.201 linux.ve1drg.ampr.org
>

> -

 ---
 Fabian Arias Mu~oz                     |                 Debian GNU/Linux Sid
 Facultad de Cs. Economicas y           |          Kernel 2.4.5ac15 - ReiserFS
 Administrativas.                       |                     "aka" dewback en
 Universidad de Concepcion   -  Chile   |                 #linuxhelp IRC.CHILE