I was thinking of doing some similar updates this evening after work.
Darn it... now I have to find something else to do!  :-)

Going by this morning's comments from Richard Gooch, it sounds like the

        if (rio->devfs == NULL)
                dbg("probe_rio: device node registration failed");

part should probably be removed... it looks good to me otherwise, tho.
I'll try it out tonight and post the results.

Cheers!

On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:35:21AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> Here's a small change that makes the node a child of the usb devfs
> entry.  It also enables the node to only be present when the device is
> actually present.  The patch is against 2.4.6-pre5.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

PGP signature