I should have known that you (instructor of the current and previous
maintainer) would have the answer off the top ;-)
Therefore by your description it mys be set always but I guess it is a
DGD; however, I do want to know that it is now.

Oh, and now that Big Drive Technology has been annouced I should finally
send you the code for 48-bit, sorry about the delay.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
ASL Kernel Development
Linux ATA Development
ASL, Inc.                                     Toll free: 1-877-ASL-3535
1757 Houret Court                             Fax: 1-408-941-2071
Milpitas, CA 95035                            Web: www.aslab.com