Am 03.04.2014 00:39, schrieb Marcel Holtmann:
> Hi Thomas,
>
>> The culprit is USB autosuspend. When I explicitly disable it (echo 'on'
>>> power/control), the mouse works fine again. However, due to the
>> aforementioned commit, I need to do this manually after every boot and
>> every resume, because btusb keeps setting it back to 'auto'. I have
>> found no way of overriding this behaviour.
>
> what USB controller do you have your Bluetooth controller attached to. I had
> the same issue, but it went away when some of the xHCI host controller fixes
> got merged. Some other reported issues with some USB 2 controllers.

Thanks for replying to me here and on IRC. In order for nothing to get
lost, I am reposting what I mentioned on IRC here.

$ lspci|grep USB
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP USB xHCI HC (rev 04)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP USB EHCI #1 (rev 04)

$ lsusb -t
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=ehci-pci/3p, 480M
    |__ Port 1: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Hub, Driver=hub/8p, 480M
        |__ Port 5: Dev 3, If 0, Class=Chip/SmartCard, Driver=, 12M
/:  Bus 02.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/4p, 5000M
/:  Bus 01.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/9p, 480M
    |__ Port 6: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Vendor Specific Class, Driver=, 12M
    |__ Port 7: Dev 5, If 0, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
    |__ Port 7: Dev 5, If 1, Class=Wireless, Driver=btusb, 12M
    |__ Port 8: Dev 4, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
    |__ Port 8: Dev 4, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M

This looks like it is attached to the xhci controller.

Output from bluemoon is as follows:

Bluemoon configuration utility ver 5.16
Controller Version Information
Hardware Platform: 55
Hardware Variant: iBT 2.0 (0x07)
Hardware Revision: 1.0
Firmware Variant: BT IP 4.0 (0x01)
Firmware Revision: 8.0
Firmware Build Number: 2-3.2013
Firmware Patch Number: 51

> You can easily check by running the "Inquiry (LIAC)” test from
> tools/hci-tester. Problem is that some of the HCI events are not making it to
> the host. They get delivered as soon as the device wakes up again. In this
> test case it is the Inquiry Complete event. If you poke the controller and
> send a new command, the even will be magically dequeued.

I cannot figure out how to compile hci-tester. The Makefiles from
bluez.git won't build it.