On Tue, 6 May 2014, Alessandro Zummo wrote:

> > This brings in drivers/char/rtc.c functionality required for DECstation
> > and, should the maintainers decide to switch, Alpha systems to use
> > rtc-cmos.
>
>  Seems sane. We need to be sure it doesn't break anything
>  on non-Alpha machines. Did you test it on x86? It would be fine if
>  we can get a couple of Tested-by:

 Thanks for your review.  I can't test x86 easily/immediately, but I'll
see what I can do, and will also appreciate if people can check that this
change didn't cause any regressions.  Also Andrew was kind enough to pull
this patch into his -mm tree, so hopefully any breakage will show up soon.

  Maciej