On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

Also, in my tree currently (and planned for 2.6.12) hardware tapping is
enabled again, because double taps don't work otherwise (hardware
limitation).

You should really try to get that squeezed into 2.6.11 before it is released, or else I would anticipate a LOT more people whining about their broken touchpads.

Regards,
Ian Morgan