Greetings;

Usually I come looking for a bone when I post here, but today its with
verbal flowers in hand.

I just built 2.6.12-rc1 and I'm pleased to report that the ieee1394
problems that required the bk-ieee1394.patch previously are
apparently alleviated.  Kino worked as expected, including the audio
from the cameras microphones.

tvtime, with my pcHDTV-3000 card, had a miss-cue due to the wrong
modprobe statement in my rc.local, so I cleaned out those modules
that it had loaded, and reloaded them with the 'modprobe cx88_dvb'
statement, which brought that up with working video but raw noise for
audio at about +40db!  Going into its menu's for tv standards I chose
to 'restart with new values' without changing anything which restored
the audio to normal.  Thats happened before, and Jack tells me there
will be another coding session this weekend so there will no doubt be
more patches for that.  This FWIW, was without actually installing
either version of his drivers, so this is nice progress.

My scanner works normally. As does the spca5xx stuffs that I did
install again after the boot.

This just plain feels good under my fngertips, even kmails curser
motions are as expected, but that lag comes and goes according to the
number of bees around the crocus's in the front yard, or some such
mysticly quasi random control.  I don't have any idea about how much
faster the machine is in fact, but it sure feels snappier, a lot
snappier.

So, a smart tip of the hat to all the patchers, this is seeable,
feelable, progress.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)