Hi!

> > I think I have an idea on what's going on; Your system does not wake to
> > APIC interrupt, and the system timer updates time only on other interrupts.
> > I'm experiencing the same on a loaner ThinkPad T30.
> >
> > I'll try to do another patch today. Meanwhile it now should work
> > without lapic in cmdline.
>
> Following is an updated patch. Anybody having trouble, please try
> disabling CONFIG_DYN_TICK_USE_APIC Kconfig option.
>
> I'm hoping this might work on Pavel's machine too?

The "volume hang" was explained: I was using CPU frequency scaling, it
probably did not like that. After disabling CPU frequency scaling, it
seems to work ok:

                                                                Pavel

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ cat /proc/interrupts ; sleep  1 ; cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:      33288          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1021          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  9:          2          XT-PIC  acpi
 10:      94036          XT-PIC  yenta, yenta, ehci_hcd:usb1,
uhci_hcd:usb2, uhci_hcd:usb3, uhci_hcd:usb4
 11:       3941          XT-PIC  Intel 82801DB-ICH4, eth0
 12:         17          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:       5119          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0
           CPU0
  0:      33568          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1022          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  9:          2          XT-PIC  acpi
 10:      94323          XT-PIC  yenta, yenta, ehci_hcd:usb1,
uhci_hcd:usb2, uhci_hcd:usb3, uhci_hcd:usb4
 11:       3951          XT-PIC  Intel 82801DB-ICH4, eth0
 12:         17          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:       5192          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0
LOC:          0
ERR:          0
MIS:          0
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

--
Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.