On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 05:17:54PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 07:00:16PM +0530, Sudip Mukherjee wrote:
> > +   if (attached) {
> > +           list_add(&drv->list, &drivers);
> > +           ret = 0;
> > +   }
>
> I still think it would be nicer to create a do_attach() wrapper like I
> said earlier.
yes, after seeing your this code beside mine, your code looks more tidy
than mine. sorry, for not listening to you on the first place.

<snip>
>       mutex_unlock(&registration_lock);
>
>       if (!attached)
>               return -ENODEV;
>       return 0;
>
> The attach_driver_chain() function needs to be updated as well or it
> will break.
oops, i missed that function. but i didn't get any error?
ok, this is for those parallel ports which registers after our driver
registers.
But Greg wants to have parallel port changed into the device model,
so should i start with that task or shall we finalize this series so
that it can be applied for the timebeing?

regards
sudip