On 7/14/15 4:54 AM, He Kuang wrote:
I'm not sure llvm generates proper dwarf along with bpf code (I didn't
test that part. If there are any issues they should be fixable. If you
can prepapre a patch for llvm that would be even better :)

I found objdump can't get dwarf info from bpf object file:

   $ objdump --dwarf=info bpf.o
   bpf.o: file format elf64-little

   $ readelf -a bpf.o |grep debug_info
   <EMPTY>

yeah. looks like this part is not working.
Interesting that when I do: clang -O2 -target bpf a.c -g -S
there is some minimal debug info in the .s, but .o lacks
debuginfo completely. Digging further...