On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 04:40:34PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> For me the propagation time is  queueing + convertion serial to paralle and paralell
> serial in all hardware where the packet transit (hub, switch, router, ) . For
>example the

in electrical engineering propagation is appropriate to name
a physical process, not a technological one.

> acutal average of propogation time inside Internet is ~0.15 second without collision
>or

how do you come to this value?

> make somme attention with this problem.

no question about that.
I just like accuracy in technology rather than vague assumptions.

> > QoS only affect queuing time.
> Try to use a power backup of big file transert in 10 Mbs local net at the same time
> use OpenH323, I think you can have some problem without QoS.

no questinon about that.
but still QoS only affect queuing time.
not propagation nor transmission time 8-))
QoS is not black magic, it's technology.

--
Philippe Strauss
http://philou.ch/

L'indifférence est le plus grand risque de notre temps,
la forme civilisée de la cruauté.  -- Zenta Maurina
http://www-internal.alphanet.ch/linux-leman/ avant de poser