One more question about DSL:

        I am looking into buying an AVM Fritz!Card DSL for a friend who has an
old PC with a Pentium 133MHz EDO-RAM 70nsec computer.

        I want to install Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 there, the 2.4 Linux kernel, and
the Fritz!Card.  The thing that got me wary is that friend still has
POTS, not ISDN (RNIS).

        I've seen in the Fritz!Card technical details in AVM's site that it
supports DSL over POTS (analog telephone line), and that it has the
drivers for the 2.4 kernel.

        The question is: anyone here who tried that configuration, and got it
to work?

        Sorry for not having learned fr-CH yet.  Feel free to answer in
whatever Romance language you choose.

        BTW, do someone knows how to get some 64MB of EDO-RAM?  Stores seem not
to have it in stock anymore.

--
  _
/ \ Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra        +41 (21) 216 15 93

--
http://www-internal.alphanet.ch/linux-leman/ avant de poser