On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Erik Rossen wrote:

> Marc Schaefer made a comment like "I wonder if it is not possible to
> replace BIOS EEPROMS with Linux..."
>
> The answer is "yes", at least for certain mother boards.  This is a
> popular solution for building Beowulf-style clusters.

Errr.... yes!

I've been following Linux BIOS for some time.
We had a workshop on Linuxbios at the LinuxBierWanderung in Ireland.
We got it working with a PC-chips motherboard, and an M-sys
disk-on-chip to replace the BIOS chip.
Sadly, Chuck Moss from the USA only brought two disk-on-chips over, and
could not sell me one :-(

I still have the motherboard and am very happy for us to use it in
a workshop maybe ?

Is there a local supplier of M-sys disk-on-chip? http://www.m-sys.com
I will buy one or two if there is.

--