On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Bityutskiy, Artem
<artem.bityuts...@intel.com> wrote:

> starting from 3.9-rc1 one of my m68k configurations does not build,
> which is a regression. The configuration is attached. I build with
> W=1. I did not look at the details, just shooting a bug report.
>
> drivers/gpio/devres.c: In function 'devm_gpio_request_one':
> drivers/gpio/devres.c:90:2: error: implicit declaration of function
> 'gpio_request_one' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
> cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
> make[3]: *** [drivers/gpio/devres.o] Error 1

Somehow GPIO_DEVRES get selected,
m68k is using GENERIC_GPIO but not GPIOLIB, so
devres.c include <linux/gpio.h> which includes <asm/gpio.h>
as the arch has CONFIG_ARCH_HAVE_CUSTOM_GPIO_H.

So to use the devres facility arch/m68k/include/asm/gpio.h
needs to provide gpio_request_one().

Which it doesn't and thus fails.

Did some driver you're using start to use
devm_gpio_request_one() recently?

I vaguely remember Alexandre looking into things like this
so adding him...

Yours,
Linus Walleij