Mike Isely wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:

On Friday 16 January 2009 15:48:45 Patrick Boettcher wrote:
Hi Mauro,

Since the creation of linux-media@vger.kernel.org I'm seeing lots of
cross-postings between linux-dvb, linux-media and video4linux. This
is a little bit annoying if you are subscribed to all of those lists.

Worse is, that some people only send requests to linux-media. Like
that linux-dvb-only subscribers can't help...

Why not closing linux-dvb (and video4linux) and transferring the
currently subscribed users to linux-media automatically?
I agree with Patrick. I suggest a daily automatic posting to linux-dvb and video4linux telling people that on February 1st these lists disappear and that they should use linux-media instead. Then they can be closed down at the end of the month. I definitely wouldn't wait any longer since it is rather messy right now. One month transition period seems reasonable to me.

Amen to that. I've been telling people to go over to linux-media, but old habits are hard to break. It's time to actually make a clean break from the old lists.

 +1 from me

Although I'm not an active developer (I'm just an interested user), reading the lists at the moment is hard...

Lars.