Hi Janne,

On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 16:37:49 +0200, Janne Grunau wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 07:46:47AM +0200, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> >
> > Let's keep it simple: add a 'load_ir_kbd_i2c' module option for those
> > drivers that did not autoload this module. The driver author can refine
> > things later (I'll definitely will do that for ivtv).
> >
> > It will be interesting if someone can find out whether lirc will work at
> > all
> > once autoprobing is removed from i2c. If it isn't, then perhaps that will
> > wake them up to the realization that they really need to move to the
> > kernel.
>
> I would guess that it won't work. There is an effort to merge lirc. It's
> currently stalled though. A git tree is available at
>
> git://git.wilsonet.com/linux-2.6-lirc.git

I tried to clone this but it failed:

git.wilsonet.com[0: 72.93.233.4]: errno=Connection timed out
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)

> Jared Wilson and I were working on it (mainly last september). Since the
> IR on the HD PVR is also driven by the same zilog chip as on other
> hauppauge devices I'll take of lirc_zilog. Help converting the i2c
> drivers to the new i2c model is welcome. General cleanup of lirc to make
> it ready for mainline is of course wellcome too.

I will happily help you with the i2c side of things. Without an access
to your git tree however, I don't know the latest state of your code.
And I can't see any lirc_zilog module in the CVS repository of lirc
either. But if you show me the i2c code you're worried about, I'll let
you know what I think about it.

--
Jean Delvare