On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 23:22:03 +0200, drunk and tired hermann pitton wrote:
> Hmm, I'm still "happy" with the broken DVB-T for saa7134 on 2.6.29,
> tasting some Chianti vine now and need to sleep soon, but I'm also not
> that confident that your saa7134 MSI t...@nywhere Plus i2c remote does
> work addressing it directly, since previous reports always said it
> becomes only visible at all after other devices are probed previously.
>
> Unfortunately I can't test it, but will try to reach some with such
> hardware and ask for testing, likely not on the list currently.

Thanks for the heads up. I was curious about this as well. The original
comment said that the MSI t...@nywhere Plus IR receiver would not respond
to _probes_ before another device on the I2C bus was accessed. I didn't
know for sure if this only applied to the probe sequence or to any
attempt to access the IR receiver. As we no longer need to probe for
the device, I thought it may be OK to remove the extra code. But
probably the removal of the extra code should be delayed until we find
one tester to confirm the exact behavior. Here, done.

Anyone out there with a MSI t...@nywhere Plus that could help with
testing?

--
Jean Delvare